Do you ever get nervous that you have fallen into the Lesbian U-Haul?
And That the world was right.
That it is not actually a fabulously,
Wonderfully romantic idea,
To pack up your life,
After only a few months
And join your life with another,
Like conjoined twins attached at the skull?
Met my new ladies family this week. I thought I was going to vomit but I survived.
They were absolutely incredible. Super arty and friendly. Her dad a Scientist, her mum a visual artist.
The whole house was red and littered with art, sculptures and treats from around the world.
The first thing her dad asked me was about my love for Unicorns and if it was a symbol for lesbians. What a lovely individual.
<3 gay friendly, supportive families. They make my heart warm.
I think I have fully evolved into a raging lesbian.
I can’t imagine ever going back to men.
I am very happy about this outcome.
Girls are awesome.
fuckyeahlezgirls asked: Haven't been back to Sydney in over 8 years and I'm heading back in Sydney... what's the lesbian nightlife like at the moment? What can you recommend for a good night? I can't remember a thing anymore!!!! Any ideas? X
I will make you a pretty list:
- Unicorns - clearly no.1 since it is my event. Think burlesque, body painting, strobe lights, warehouse, lots of babes.
- GiRLTHING - long standing montly night. Indie chick crowd, on the younger side but shiz loads of fun times.
- Birdcage - Weekly Wednesday night at Zanzibar in Newtown. Same crowd as GiRLTHING. Run by the same babes. Super cheap drinks!
- Snapback - Weekly Wednesday Hip Hop night at the Newtown Hotel. Hip hop lady crowd, good to have a beer at before Birdcage.
- Chicks With Picks - Sunday arfternoon beers and live lady performers. Lots of chicks with guitars. Very chilled fun times. Just $5.
Ohh and if you ever feel like making your way to the Nation’s Capitol, this night kicks ass.
Lady Bones - http://www.facebook.com/ladybonesinc?fref=ts
Any more q’s just hit me up! Talking about girl nights is my favourite topic of conversation :)
So I am about to launch my first solo event this Friday and I am ridiculously nervous/excited about it!
If you feel like coming to Sydney and supporting it, you are more then welcome!
Who could say no to being body painted, watching sexy burlesque babes, playing a giant game of queer-o Truth or Dare and dancing to sweet sweet beats.
The little invite is right here: http://www.facebook.com/events/245156855620895/
Fair Day Sydney 2013 is coming up!
I am presenting a UNICORN stage filled with sweet DJ’s who will be playing lovely beats to get your queer ass’s shaking!
2:00 - 3:30pm - YOUTH STAGE - 10th Feb
’Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law – for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well.’
- Barack Obama, Presidential Inauguration 2013.
—Stonewall Facebook Page (via youyouandjames)
I have created a page for all the wonderful queer events I created!
You can head in this direction to see where the next Del Cat Event will be popping up
Would love support from my Tumblr lovers.